Amanda Wojda is our member of the week. She is intense, sarcastic, driven and extremely caring. Amanda has been with FP from the very beginning and has also with with Chris and Shawn in the past at other facilities…. Read more »
By Chayce Mindra Adaptation refers to the process of the body becoming accustomed to a particular exercise or training program through repeated exposure. As an athletes body adapts to the stress of a new program or movement the activity becomes… Read more »
MAINSTREAM/COMP WOD Surprise Wednesday!! GYMNASTICS A1) Turkish Get-ups 3 / arm x 5 sets (moderate weight) A2) 10 Push-ups + Wall walk + 10 shrugs x 5 sets with 60 secs rest between sets B) 5 sec hollow… Read more »
Everyone knows Geof Crebas! Most likely you’ve worked out with him in the 6:00am class, afternoon or weekend. If you haven’t worked out with him than perhaps he has helped you move or fixed something in your house for… Read more »
RECOVERY BITE RECIPE By: Vitality Nutrition These bites have an ideal ratio of carbohydrate to protein for exercise recovery from workouts. To be consumed within the 30 minute window post-workout. Whey protein isolate is derived from milk and is high… Read more »
Chelsea Hamel is a true FP original athlete. She was one of our first members almost 2 years ago, but has been training with Chris and Shawn for over 3 years. She is extremely loyal to the people in her… Read more »
TRACKING ALCOHOL Alcohol needs to be tracked in a special way because the calories that pure alcohol provides to the body are neither a carbohydrate, protein, or fat. If you have ever entered an alcoholic beverage in MyFitnessPal you may… Read more »
Brian Wiebe (Brian) is one of our newer members. Brian started with us December 2016 and has been working hard towards his goals and is determined to accomplish them. He’s been focused on his fitness, nutrition and becoming a… Read more »
Allison Mansell is one of the strongest people we know. She is driven to make others happy and is always the first person to congratulate another member for something amazing they have done. She is passionate about her fitness and shows… Read more »
THE IMPORTANCE OF PROBIOTICS by Vitality Nurtition Billions of friendly bacteria live in our digestive tract and each of us has a bacterial flora that may be as unique as fingerprints. Friendly bacteria help us digest our food and absorb… Read more »
Amanda Wojda is our member of the week. She is intense, sarcastic, driven and extremely caring. Amanda has been with FP from the very beginning and has also with with Chris and Shawn in the past at other facilities. She’s part of the short, shorts group (probably the ring leader) and is always willing to lend a hand with someone working on their gymnastics movements.
We appreciate all the hard work Amanda puts in to her training and her commitment, not just to herself but to those she pushes and drives as well.
Here are a few questions we asked Amanda. Congrats on member of the week and thank you again for always believing in us.
1) describe yourself in 3 words
2) what’s your favourite CrossFit – weightlifting movement
3) what do you do for fun outside of the gym
4) What do you do for a living
5) what’s your favourite superhero movie and Why
6) where were you born
7) what’s your favourite music to listen to
8) how would you save the world
and her responses were…
1) Driven caring badass
2) weightlifting movements – Snatch! There’s nothing like throwing a heavy barbell in the air, diving under and and sticking it like a pro.
3) Hang out with my other half (Joel Baryluk) and our furry/scaled kids
4) I work for a Structural Engineering firm doing building inspections from ropes, design and drafting, site review and contract admin
5) The Incredibles – because nothing is stronger than a family working together
7) Anything loud and angry haha
8) One pint of Ben and Jerry’s at a time! Who could be mad while eating ice cream?